Forum IPMS Réal Coté
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum de discussion pour les membres du chapitre Réal Coté d'IPMS Canada

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  more help needed I12.servimg  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Réassort du coffret Pokémon 151 Électhor-ex : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

more help needed

2 participants
AuteurMessage
acro 94

more help needed Empty
MessageSujet: more help needed   more help needed EmptyVen 3 Aoû 2012 - 13:05

hey guys im looking for some help with a paint job that got a little censuré up because of the tape what you guys are abot to see is the residue from the tape i hope to have this some what on display this weekend and i want the paint to look nice enough to get some attention
here are the pics:
this is what the paint looked like before i painted the white and the tape messed it up:
more help needed 2012-08-0311-44-55719

and this is what it looks like:
more help needed 2012-08-0311-44-39542
more help needed 2012-08-0311-44-30002

any help would be gladly appreciated

Robert
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Killroytech
Admin
Killroytech

more help needed Empty
MessageSujet: Re: more help needed   more help needed EmptyVen 3 Aoû 2012 - 15:26

Doesn't look like residue, it looks like the tape glued too much on a recent paint job. Baaaad! Sad pale
Hoping for the best but expecting the worse. sinkingFeeling
What type/brand of paint, how long before you taped it, what kind of tape, the usual info is needed.
https://ipmsrealcote.1fr1.net
acro 94

more help needed Empty
MessageSujet: Re: more help needed   more help needed EmptyVen 3 Aoû 2012 - 19:57

Killroytech a écrit:
Doesn't look like residue, it looks like the tape glued too much on a recent paint job. Baaaad! Sad pale
Hoping for the best but expecting the worse. sinkingFeeling
What type/brand of paint, how long before you taped it, what kind of tape, the usual info is needed.

-krylon spray paints (primer, and color)
-3 hours
-normal masking tape not 3M though
Killroytech
Admin
Killroytech

more help needed Empty
MessageSujet: Re: more help needed   more help needed EmptyDim 5 Aoû 2012 - 0:11

I'm afraid a regular masking tape just sticks too much, plus only 3 hours after painting...
I think you have 2 choices: Paint removal, (sadly) or try to sand down (very fine sanding) the affected area. And re-shoot the red color. Bummer. Crying or Very sad
About the masking tape; basically you want the painter tape, it sticks a lot less than the regular one. 3M makes those.
Look here, it will give you an idea. http://www.scotchblue.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotch-BlueBrand/Scotch-Blue/Resources/Five/

Disclamer from 3M: None of the ScotchBlue™️ Painter's Tapes are recommended for use on lacquered surfaces.

Anybody else have any ideas?
https://ipmsrealcote.1fr1.net
Invité

more help needed Empty
MessageSujet: Re: more help needed   more help needed EmptyMar 15 Sep 2015 - 20:48

I agree with you Killroy. I usually let ANY painted surface dry or cure for at least 48 to 72 hours and Sometimes a week or two depending on what paint I use. As with Killroy's instructions. Either remove the paint or try to sand out the irregularities. For paint removal I use Castrol Super Clean. Works great and easily available and not to toxic. Sanding I use micro mesh system but I think 3M also makes sanding sheets. They are from around 3000 to 12000 grit. You can get stuff very smooth with them. Tape I use 3M painters tape, Frog tape and drafting tape. With tape the thing to look for is as smooth an adhesion surface you can find to prevent seepage under the tape. I have tried Tamiya tapes also and they work good. Tamiya has some thin rolls of a plastic type of tape that is not like masking tap but it is more like pinstriping tape and is not very flexible. Pinstriping tape also works very well but is NOT as flexible as the other tapes mentioned and you really need to let your paint dry as pinstriping tape is meant to be permanent i.e. real cars. When I tape also I try to burnish the edge down as best possible without distorting the line of what I am trying to mask. Small rollers work well for this but I have not found them in ages and mine are very old and dont work anymore. I fashioned a burnishing tool out of a chopstick. lol.

Best regards,
Mike Olds
Contenu sponsorisé

more help needed Empty
MessageSujet: Re: more help needed   more help needed Empty

more help needed
Page 1 sur 1